Friday, June 11, 2010

Down On The Farm – In Black And White

It’s been a week since we returned from vacation and I still have photos to edit. For some reason that doesn’t make sense to me, I scheduled my week after vacation too full with appointments and commitments. And there are always those things that come up in a week that add to an already hectic schedule. Here’s a sneak peek - bits and pieces - of a wonderful, old, historic sheep farm we visited while we were in Eastern Oregon. Tomorrow I'll share the farm in color. I think you will be amazed by the gorgeous surroundings. I’ll share a bit of the story of the family who made this ranch a place of love and hard work and prosperity.

An old car that carried a family to places unknown. . .

P5295829

A cabin that was home to someone from days long ago. . .

P5295850

P5295852

Antlers over the cabin door – a trophy or a welcome sign?

P5295846

A chicken coop (wait till you see the view the chickens had from this coop!). . .

P5295862

Farm implements – a plow. . .

P5295864

A wagon. . .

P5295865

And a hay loader.

P5295866

The sheep barn. . .

P5295867

Sheep shearing stalls. . .

P5295875

A nearby shed. . .

P5295868

An old tractor. . .

P5295878

An old pickup. . .

P5295882

And a look back from a trail across the meadow.

P5295902

This place captured my heart and imagination and I so wished I could have met the family who lived and worked here. I would have loved to share tea with the lady of the house and hear stories of life there. I’m sure you will enjoy hearing more and seeing the colors we saw all around this quiet place in the country. To be continued. . .

4 comments:

  1. such amazing images...perfect in black & white! can't wait to see more :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those things have really been kept up well, Adrienne. Your pictures are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful that you stopped by to visit me. Your kind and gracious comments are appreciated and treasured.